Week 16. – Phase 2. – All about the Engine room.

This week’s update is going to be super brief.  We really haven’t done a great deal outside of the engine room.  It feels like its been a slow week, but we have progressed in the Engine room. 

Morgan spent a good part of the beginning of the week working on getting the shaft aligned.  Its really not an easy job and one that requires lots of patience.  He had one frustrating day as several times he got it close and then once he tightened the bolts the engine would shift just the slightest.  I think I heard every french swear word possible and needless to say I stayed out of his way that day. After lots of patience he was finally happy with the result. Phew thankfully that is over. 

Once this was done and he was happy with the rest of the test installation of the other items going in the Engine room he made various brackets out of steel and got Jimmy to come in to weld these in place. Of cause with welding being done in the engine room everything else had to be protected. 

IMG_7234

Jimmy welding the muffler nuts in place.

With any welding comes a clean up and then priming of the areas welded.  However its looking good to see sea water strainers and fuel filters mounted in place. 

Whilst we had Jimmy with us we got him to re-weld the join of one of the hatches we have been fighting with.  Now we have to think of a way to get the hatch frame to conform with the deck and hatch base.

IMG_7236

Jimmy welding the deck and hatch join. 

Continuing in the Engine room Morgan also installed the shaft loc and shaft seal. 

IMG_7257

Shaft loc and seal in.

With most of the the additional items ready to go into place officially we decided to give the entire engine room its final coat of grey top coat.  Again not a easy task in the now tight engine room but at least that is now done and the rest of the installation, plumbing and wiring can go ahead. 

In continuing closing up we also got the transducer housing installed this week.  We had two holes previously so installed our new transducer housing in the starboard side and installed the old housing in the port side just incase we need it for the future.  So thats good, two more holes closed. 

IMG_7240

Transducers in. Notice my eye in the top transducer looking in. 

So for me whilst there has been lots of engine room work, its been a bit of a slow week.  Just cleaning and organising and helping Morgan where possible.  I got to give the fridge and freezer a deep cleaning this week which was a first since we had the boat.  Its all looking much better. 

Just wanted to give you an update on that pile of sand like substance that was placed in front of KB a few weeks back . Its being trucked away daily and slowly slowly the pile is going down.  To give you an idea of how its progress here’s a update photo for you. 

IMG_7261

The progress on the pile of sand like substance in front of us.

Well like I said its been a bit of a slow week so will end here and give you an update again soon.

Have a good week.

Cheryl

3 thoughts on “Week 16. – Phase 2. – All about the Engine room.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s